Products sold by Velo-Vita PTY LTD and TMO Sports PTY LTD come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Velo-Vita PTY LTD ABN: 47 055 490 652 and TMO Sports PTY LTD ABN: 61 075 986 604, whose business address is 9/85 BOURKE RD ALEXANDRIA NSW 2015, telephone 02 9700 7977, Email: email@example.com, gives the following warranty which is in addition to other rights and remedies available under the Australian Consumer Law.
VELO-VITA PTY & TMO SPORTS ADDITIONAL WARRANTY
Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports warrants to the original retail purchaser who purchases in Australia a new Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports product (“Product”) (not being a component of a purchase of a complete bicycle) that:
• If the Product is found to be defective due to faulty materials or workmanship and has only been used in Australia in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions under normal use and reasonable care (“What is covered”); and
• The warranty claim is made within the Warranty Period specific to the brand and product (“Warranty Period”); and
• Within the Warranty Period the defective Product is sent to Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports with (i) the original Retailer’s sale document and receipt identifying the Product and date of purchase, and (ii) details of the defect and (iii) a return address within Australia; then Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports will, subject to the following conditions, repair or replace (at its option) the defective Product and send it to the return address provided.
These warranties do not apply where the defect arises due to any of the following:
• use of the Product for which it was not designed;
• the incorrect installation or removal of or attempt to repair the Product;
• damage in transit in forwarding the Product to Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports ;
• lack of technical skill, competence or experience of the user;
• poor maintenance, unauthorised modification, or improper , negligent or careless use of the Product;
• use of the Product outside Australia or in a competition or for commercial purposes;
• the Product, being abused or involved in an accident; or
• damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the Product.
• Velo-Vita PTY LTD’s/TMO Sports’ liability under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing and returning the defective Product to the purchaser. A retailer/purchaser making a claim must bear the cost of sending the Product to Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports;
• This warranty will not apply to a Product that is a component in a sale of a complete bicycle whether pre-assembled or subsequently assembled. In such instance any claim should be made to the retailer or other entity from whom the bicycle was purchased or the manufacturer or other entity liable at law.
• Retailers and wholesale outlets for Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports cannot modify this warranty in any way. Any alteration will only be binding on Velo-Vita PTY LTD/TMO Sports if it is in writing and signed by a Director.
• It is the purchaser’s responsibility to regularly examine a Product to determine the need for, and attend to, normal service or replacement.